I’m off to India in December as a guest of the Times LitFest, where this year’s theme is “That Man Woman Thing, exploring the relationship, or lack of it, across time, place, space, profession, family, and oh yes, literature.” I expect I shall be mainly pushing the Indian edition of my Silk Road book, which is yours for a mere 196 rupees. Although considering the topic, I expect Empress Wu will come up a bit, too. Apparently, my schedule so far is:
- Saturday 3rd Dec, 11:45am to 12:45pm
- The East is Read
- Two Asia analysts unravel the inscrutable. Jonathan Clements with Pallavi Aiyar.
- Sunday 4th Dec, 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Wanderlit – Three travel writers explore the craft
- Alexander Frater, Jonathan Clements, and William Dalrymple in conversation.